Sponsor The National Park - Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RIGHTS OF WAY SPONSORSHIP AND DONATIONS
- Donations given to us on the project or roles you have chosen to support, or for the purposes of improving, maintaining or replacing our Rights of Way (ROW) network according to the preference indicated when you make your donation. In the unlikely event that a project you are donating to does not happen, your donation will go towards supporting the Peak District National Park’s work, wherever the need is greatest. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
- Standard Rights of Way items include: fingerpost signs, gates, stiles and bridges. Donation amounts for each item are displayed on our website.
- Plaques may be placed on Rights of Way items. To ensure plaques are in keeping with the National Park, the following conditions will apply:
i. Plaques placed on fingerpost signs, gates and stiles will be stainless steel, 80mm x 50mm, engraved with up to two sets of initials and two dates. Plaques will be placed discreetly, on the back of gates and fingerposts, or on the side facing away from paths and public view.
ii. Plaques on bridges will be stainless steel, 120mm x 80mm, engraved with up to two names and four dates. Plaques will be placed discreetly, on the side of one of the main bridge beams, and on the side facing away from paths and public view.
iii. Plaques are only to be placed by National Park employees.
- Bearing in mind the potential for adverse impact on the landscape and the enjoyment of visitors to the Peak District National Park, we ask that no additional items or memorabilia are placed in or around the area relating to your donation. This would include flowers, photographs or padlocks.
- At your request, we may post a short message of your choice on the In Memory and Celebration pages of our website. We will not be responsible for the content of any information, data or text which you provide and is posted on the site, and we reserve the right to refuse specific wording for a donation if we feel it is advertising commercial businesses or services, discriminatory, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, threatening or otherwise in violation of the law.
- Your donation does not give you ownership of the project or of any structure, nor do we guarantee that anything constructed through the project will remain in place permanently. With ROW items, we would expect most structures to have a lifetime of five years before they need replacing through normal wear and tear. If a ROW structure needs replacing sooner than its expected life time, we will replace it free of charge. When a ROW structure needs replacing and is beyond its expected lifetime, we will try to contact you to ask whether or not you would like to donate again towards the cost of a replacement. If you do not wish to do so, the replacement structure may be made available for others to contribute to.
- Items which are donated towards will form part of our normal work programme. Our target timescale for completing jobs in our work programme is five months. Due to other commitments in the work programme and the amount of ongoing work completed by our Field Teams, it may take five months or longer for a sponsored item to be put in place after it has been chosen and the donation given. It is possible that an item chosen for sponsorship may have recently been constructed and is already in place. Items older than three months will not be displayed for sponsorship on our website.
- In the unlikely event of two people trying to donate towards the same item at the same time, we will notify you and offer an alternative from our website.
- We will not post personal information for example home addresses or home telephone numbers or amounts unless specifically requested so to do.
- We will be entitled to take photographs of any items to be paid for by donations and use them for promotional purposes. Any photographs or images taken will remain our property.
- Your information will not be shared with any third party organisations except where such a transfer is necessary as part of our activities, or we are required to do so by operation of law.
- Although the website uses encryption security software in areas where online payment details are accepted, security information and payment information transmitted by the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by anyone who submits information by means or email or other internet links should be borne solely and exclusively by them and in no event will we be liable for any loss in whole or in part.
- We will not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problems with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any payment being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
- In the event that a donation is made to us as a result of fraud or misuse or in the event of accidental duplicate transaction we will refund the donation amount electronically back to the same card that was used to make the original transaction, provided the request is made within 14 days of the transaction. Please contact us by emailing email@example.com , stating the details you gave when you made the donation and the date and time.
- If you become aware that your card has been fraudulently used, please contact your card provider.
- This agreement will remain in effect from the date of the donation until the structure (if applicable) requires replacement.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.